Monday, February 27, 2012

Water ski: I got it right

This weekend my lovely wife Karen and I went to a family weekend.  I've been there once before but for some reason this time was really special.  There's something about becoming one...


Anyhow, I tried my hand ar waterskiing.  I got out the water, took some rough blows falling but after a while I managed to stay on my feet.  


Amazing... 


Then I got bored...


I wanted to move around a bit, do a jump or 2... I decided to ski to my right but as soon as I came over the wake, I crashed hard...


My teacher informed me that the reason I fell was because I was looking at my feet when came over the wake.  He taught me that I should look up while moving across the wake.  I implemented his advise (speaking myself through it the whole time) and managed to stay on my skis!  Something amazing happened.  My body seemed to handle the transition without me quite understanding how, this time I didn't fall face first on the rock-hard water... 


I've got a feeling there there are many similarities between my ski-experience and our Spiritual journey...  Is it possible that we keep crashing hard when we get to an obstacle because we're looking at the obstacle, looking down, instead of keeping our eyes on the horizon, allowing our Aligned instincts to do the work and enjoying the trip? 


Share your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment